Help installing Zax Nymserver

SEC3

Jul 14, 2016, 12:25:25 AM7/14/16

Zax

Jul 14, 2016, 5:04:08 AM7/14/16

--
pub 1024D/228761E7 2003-06-04 Steven Crook <st...@mixmin.net>
Key fingerprint = 1CD9 95E1 E9CE 80D6 C885 B7EB B471 80D5 2287 61E7
sub 4096R/BE3EFAA7 created: 2014-11-14 expires: 2016-11-13 usage: S

Jeremy Bentham

Jul 14, 2016, 8:10:44 AM7/14/16

> I am trying to set up a Zax-style nymserver on a VPS node. My OS is
> Debian Jessie.
>
> I have three different versions of Python installed: python2.7,
> python3 and python3.4.
>
> As root I did "python setup.py install" and that seemed to execute
> without issue.
>
> I switched to non-root user nymserv and created my RSA 4096-bit nym
> key con...@placid.loadmx.net
>
> I also added additional uids url@ and send@
>
> Then I did "nymserv --process" and received the folllowing error message
>

> __
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/bin/nymserv", line 39, in <module>
> import nymserv.gnupg
> File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nymserv/gnupg.py", line
> 19, in <module>
> import GnuPGInterface
> ImportError: No module named GnuPGInterface
> __
>

> How to proceed? I'm not sure about how to install the missing Python
> module GnuPGInterface.

apt-cache search GnuPGInterface
apt-get install GnuPGInterface

SEC3

Jul 14, 2016, 8:40:06 AM7/14/16
On 07/14/2016 05:04 AM, Zax wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 00:25:23 -0400, SEC3 wrote in
>> Then I did "nymserv --process" and received the folllowing error message
>> :
>
>> __
>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/usr/local/bin/nymserv", line 39, in <module>
>> import nymserv.gnupg
>> File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nymserv/gnupg.py", line
>> 19, in <module>
>> import GnuPGInterface
>> ImportError: No module named GnuPGInterface
>> __
>

>> How to proceed? I'm not sure about how to install the missing Python
>> module GnuPGInterface.
>
> Hi,
>
> You need to install python-gnupginterface so Python can interface with
> GnuPG.

I tried "apt-get install gnupginterface". No luck.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package gnupginterface

I then tried "pip install gnupginterface" and got

Collecting gnupginterface
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement
gnupginterface (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for gnupginterface

Does Nymserv require a particular Python version?

How can I determine which version my system is defaulting to?

SEC3

Jul 14, 2016, 8:40:19 AM7/14/16
On 07/14/2016 08:10 AM, Jeremy Bentham wrote:

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/usr/local/bin/nymserv", line 39, in <module>
>> import nymserv.gnupg
>> File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nymserv/gnupg.py", line
>> 19, in <module>
>> import GnuPGInterface
>> ImportError: No module named GnuPGInterface
>> __
>>

>> How to proceed? I'm not sure about how to install the missing Python
>> module GnuPGInterface.
>
> apt-cache search GnuPGInterface
> apt-get install GnuPGInterface

apt-cache search GnuPGInterface gives me an empty list.

apt-get install GnuPGInterface gives

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package GnuPGInterface

And the result is the same if I try

apt-get install python-gnupginterface

Anonymous

Jul 14, 2016, 9:15:46 AM7/14/16
On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 08:40:04 -0400, SEC3 <pinger...@sec3.net> wrote:

>I tried "apt-get install gnupginterface". No luck.

Wrong package. Try:

python-gnupginterface

Anonymous

Jul 14, 2016, 9:17:38 AM7/14/16
On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 08:40:17 -0400, SEC3 <pinger...@sec3.net> wrote:

>apt-get install python-gnupginterface

That's a debian wheezy package. Are you on some other?

SEC3

Jul 14, 2016, 9:48:19 AM7/14/16
Jessie.

The name of the OS image I installed on my VPS is:
Debian 8 (64-bit) Minimal

Anonymous

Jul 14, 2016, 10:30:32 AM7/14/16
Try python-gnupg instead.

Cornelis Tromp

Jul 14, 2016, 10:42:22 AM7/14/16
> On 07/14/2016 09:16 AM, Anonymous wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 08:40:17 -0400, SEC3 <pinger...@sec3.net> wrote:
>>
>>> apt-get install python-gnupginterface
>>
>> That's a debian wheezy package. Are you on some other?
>>

> Jessie.
>
> The name of the OS image I installed on my VPS is:
> Debian 8 (64-bit) Minimal

Into the dark and mysterious systemd territory. Debian 7 and Slackware will keep you out of there.

SEC3

Jul 14, 2016, 12:31:10 PM7/14/16
Thanks, but I tried that already. It installed okay, but hasn't solved
the missing python module error.

I'm going to reinstall the Debian OS, this time foregoing the "minimal"
ISO image for a more complete intallation.

Anonymous

Jul 14, 2016, 2:33:55 PM7/14/16
Could be a hardcoded dependency for that specific module and there is no package for it on your OS.

I would try manually downloading the package and installing it by hand:

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gnupginterface/python-gnupginterface_0.3.2-9.1_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i python-gnupginterface_0.3.2-9.1_all.deb

SEC3

Jul 14, 2016, 8:55:44 PM7/14/16
On 07/14/2016 02:32 PM, Anonymous wrote:

> Could be a hardcoded dependency for that specific module and there is no package for it on your OS.
>
> I would try manually downloading the package and installing it by hand:
>
> wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gnupginterface/python-gnupginterface_0.3.2-9.1_all.deb
>
> sudo dpkg -i python-gnupginterface_0.3.2-9.1_all.deb

Thanks I followed this advice. Installing it revealed I was missing the
packgage "python-support"

I then did "apt-get install python-support" and this installed
gnupginterface as a dependency.

'Appreciate your assistance!

Anonymous

Jul 14, 2016, 9:59:25 PM7/14/16